Wednesday, June 27, 2012

OUT OF MY MIND: The Great Unknown

Please go here to learn about and order my unique novel:   







The SELF is the final, limitless frontier. We have been intrigued with outer space for decades, but I believe the more significant area of exploration is inner-space.

Hello, call me a voice from the edge of town, from the outer (or inner) limits.  I stretch my mind into unfamiliar territory from time to time.  The familiar gets dull, and at times I've had a sneaking suspicion that there's a world just beyond our grasp where the miraculous is possible. 


I explore my relationship with my own unconscious. My conscious mind is me.  But my unconscious is also me, just a more mysterious part of me.  It seems that my unconscious is there to do the bidding of my conscious mind, like an idiot-savant genie.  The only problem is that my conscious mind , which is in control, is faulty, full of delusions, neuroses and false information.  Dreams are another story, where there may be clues to this tangled puzzle that is you and me.
     

Consider that the unconscious controls the smooth functioning of millions of activities in our bodies every second.  It records everything we experience, every action, every thought, and stores it all.  You've probably heard of witnesses providing important information they didn't even know they knew, under hypnosis.  And how about those astounding feats where the normal laws of physics seem to be suspended;  like yogis piercing their bodies without any bleeding, or slowing their heartbeat down to less than ten per minute?  How about ESP, premonitions, walking on coals, or any of a thousand other strange mysteries that occur which make some people so uncomfortable that their knee-jerk reaction is to dismiss this huge area of human experience by heaping scorn on it.  Scorn doesn't change what is true, it just makes it easier to kid yourself about it.
Changing your own destiny and finding wisdom may not be as hard as we think.  They may be as easy as asking your unconscious for guidance and listening and valuing the insights, inspirations and revelations from that voice within. 
Through meditation or self-hypnosis I can reach an altered state where brain activity is in the alpha and theta states, as opposed to beta (normal waking consciousness). What I do with my time in that altered state is entirely up to me. I am finding that my unconscious seems to be limited only by my own imagination and beliefs.  That's a heady thought.  So to truly stretch my horizons I need to flex my imagination and expand my beliefs.

            I'm venturing into the great unknown . . . from time to time I'll report back. 



 For some fantastic inner adventures read my new novel:

                                               This Moment Is My Home




????


No comments:

Post a Comment